Friday, October 12, 2007

Ghost of a Good Thing

Song- Ghost of a Good Thing
Artist- Dashboard Confessional
Album- A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar
Release- August 19, 2003
Writer- Chris Carrabba


I love this song, I think the lyrics are pretty much self explanatory.
Its about chasing the ghost of a good relationship, and missing out on the real thing. I love this song because i don't believe in getting back with an ex, once its over its over and you should try to remember the good and not make it bad by trying to fix something that is broken.
Like the song says "Just bend the pieces till they fit, Like they were made for it,But they weren't meant for this".

LYRICS

I guess it's luck but it's the same, Hard luck you've been trying to tame, Maybe it's love but it's like you said "Love is like a role that we play.

But I believe in you so much, I could die for the words that you say, But i believe in you so much, I could die from the words that you say.

But you're chasing the ghost of a good thing, Haunting yourself as the real thing Is getting away from you again, While you're chasing ghosts.

I guess it's luck but it's the same, Hard luck you've been trying to tame, Maybe it's love but it's like you said, "Love is like a role that we play"

But I believe in you so much I could die for the words that you say,But i believe in you so much, I could die from the words that you say.

But you're chasing the ghost of a good thing, Haunting yourself as the real thing Is getting away from you again, While you're chasing ghosts.

Just bend the pieces till they fit, Like they were made for it, But they weren't meant for this, No they weren't meant for this.

Just bend the pieces till they fit, Like they were made for it, But they weren't meant for this

Chasin' the ghost of a good thing, Haunting yourself as the real thing Is getting away, away, away, away from you again

Chasin' the ghost of a good thing, Haunting yourself as the real thing Is getting away from you again, While you're chasing ghosts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home